Sunday, August 30, 2009

Free Stuff: Trade Your Old CDs And DVDs For An Ipod




Would you like to trade in your old cd's for a New XBOX? IPOD? or Playstation?

Well, look no further.....


Ok, So I know not all folks will have the same reason for wanting to do this as I do but sense I have become a beliver I have been mulling over what to do with my old cds I no longer listen to. And, I'm sure there are many other folks out there who are staring at a couple hundred cd's that they have no clue what to do with... So I got this idea to trade cd's for new ones or other items. I had written to several folks and contacted some radio stations about doing a trade in thing but apparently it would take alot to get something like that set up. SO, I did what every other normal person would do and searched the web... and lo and behold what did I find? but an awesome answer to my question at "Bible Money Matters". I am reposting it below along with its original link. What A FIND!!! Check this out folks!
_______________________________________



“Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing” Psalm 100


I love listening to music, playing music and singing. I just love music. So you’re probably not surprised to find out that I have an Ipod and that I listen to it pretty much on a daily basis.
What you might be surprised to know is that I didn’t have to pay a dime to get my Ipod! A year or so back we were in the midst of moving to a new house, and in the process we were getting rid of a ton of old things that we had stored away. One thing that I had decided on getting rid of was my old CD collection. I had a couple hundred CDs that were just sitting in a box in the closet. I looked into selling the CDs at a local used CD store, but they were only going to pay me pennies on the dollar for all of them.
Then I found feedyourplayer.com. What feedyourplayer.com will do is take your old CDs in trade for a new Ipod (they have all the new ones including the nano and the iphone). They’ll even take your CDs in trade for a new XBOX 360, Playstation 3, or a Wii if they have them in stock. If you don’t have enough CDs or DVDs to do the trade, you can pay the difference in cash.
So here’s how it worked. I downloaded an excel spreadsheet from their website that I had to fill out detailing all of the SKU numbers and titles of the CDs I wanted to send in. I also had some DVDs that I didn’t want anymore, and they take those as well.
After filling in the spreadsheet, I emailed it in and they notified me within a couple of days which CDs and DVDs they wanted me to send in. I then boxed up the items and sent them in to feedyourplayer.com. This is the only part that actually cost me anything, and it DID cost me about $20 to send in the heavy box.
A couple of weeks later after my CDs and DVDs were processed I got my brand new 30gb Ipod Video in the mail.
So here is how the trades work out at the time of my writing this:
1 GB Shuffle – 40 CDs or 30 DVDs
4GB Nano – 75 CDs or 50 DVDs
8GB Nano – 100 CDs or 75 DVDs
8GB Touch – 150 CDs or 100 DVDs
16GB Touch – 200 CDs or 135 DVDs
80GB Classic – 125 CDs or 85 DVDs
160GB Classic – 175 CDs or 120 DVDs
XBOX 360 – 175 CDs or 120 DVDs
Playstation 3 – 250 CDs or 170 DVDs
Check out their trade calculator here to see how many CDs or DVDs you need to submit to get your item, or how much cash you’ll need to pay if you don’t have enough.
Did you complete a trade with feedyourplayer.com after reading my review here? Please email me through the contact form with your full name that you used when you did the trade. I can then email feedyourplayer.com so that I can get credit for your trade, and replace my Ipod that I got from feedyourplayer.com after it was stolen recently. Thanks for helping me out!
LINKS:http://www.feedyourplayer.com/


1 comment:

  1. I know this has absolutely nothing to do with appliance repair but I just couldn't not share it with you guys and gals. Many blessings and love,
    ArchAngel

    ReplyDelete

Anyone may comment but we do delete spam. We love questions! Please also do not advertise here or post anything that would not be family friendly. Thank you